LEDs Magazine, New Delhi
19 Nov 2021
India’s leading exhibition covering the entire value chain of LED industry, LED Expo New Delhi kicks off its maiden hybrid edition.
Uniting businesses together for the first-time since the lockdown, the three-day fair was inaugurated today at India Exposition Mart Ltd, Greater Noida by dignatories from The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
After two-years of anticipation, LED Expo New Delhi is back with its brand-new edition at Greater Noida which aims to re-connect industries and support business recovery across the value chain of LED lighting sector. About 102 exhibitors have participated in this multi-modal event, bringing along a wide variety of LED products and technologies.
An exclusive report on ‘India Lighting Control System Market (2021-2027)’ was also unveiled today by 6Wresearch. Mr Rajjat Kharbanda, Research Director, 6Wresearch, stated: “According to 6Wresearch, the LED lighting market is expected to register a CAGR of 21.7% during 2021-27F. The revenues of India LED Lighting are estimated to reach around USD 8.2 billion by end of 2027. Further, LED lighting has vast potential in India owing to power shortages and high electricity cost.”
Setting the three-day fair into motion, LED Expo New Delhi 2021 has been inaugurated by:
• Mr Raj Manek, Executive Director and Board Member, Messe Frankfurt Asia Holdings Ltd• Mr Rajjat Kharbanda, Research Director, 6W Research
• Mr Praveen Arora, Vice President – IoT India, Tata Communications Ltd
• Mr Bhavesh Doshi, CEO/KNX Tutor, KNX Solutions
• Ms Nivedita Sehrawat, Design Matrix / IALD
• Dr Vibha Dhawan, Director General, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
• Mr Arun Kumar Mishra, CEO, Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)
Elaborating on their upcoming plan to facilitate lighting in rural areas and the importance of LED Expo to the lighting industry, Mr Arun Kumar Mishra, CEO, Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL), shared: “For our Street Lighting National Programme, we intend to bring investment to the tune of INR 8,000 crores by 2024 by covering entire rural India, with more than 30 million LED streetlights to be retrofitted/installed by EESL. At present, most of the streetlights used in the Gram Panchayat’s are conventional lights such as Incandescent bulbs, CFLs or FTLs, which consume considerably more energy. It is estimated that there is a potential of reducing energy consumption is up to 50% using energy efficient LED Lighting in place of existing Conventional Street Lights used by the Gram Panchayat’s of India. We, at EESL will continue to work towards illuminating the homes and streets of India with LEDs. I firmly believe that events such as the LED Expo will play a pivotal role in building an awareness around the considerable utility of LEDs in helping India achieve its sustainability goals.”
LED product innovations on the showfloor
With major LED manufacturing brands, like ACME Lighting, ALS (Innovative India Illumination), Aastha LED, CITI Lights, GEEP Industries India, Glow Green, Sri JSB Lighting, K-Lite, Lightberry, Hyance Electric, Optiks Mechatronics and Tata Communications on the deck, LED Expo New Delhi is a platform where visitors can witness the latest technology and designs in the LED industry ranging from smart lights with wi-fi controls, solar street lights and LED deco bulbs.
Some of the leading innovations on the show floor, include:
• Made-in-India Smart Street Lights Controllers by Tata Communications enables City Authorities or Campus administrators to centrally manage and monitor street lights (LED’s and Non LED’s) and achieve additional electricity savings and operational efficiencies
• Smart wi-fi light solution by Lightberry can convert any light of user’s choice to a smart light by controlling it remotely via mobile app or voice commands
• Completely Made-in-India solar street lights and downlights by GK GREEN POWER from components & physical parts to controller design and finished products
• Vacuum aluminium plated LED lens for commercial lighting by Optiks Mechatronics
• The EMS-61000-5A SURGE GENERATOR by Everfine specially designed for simulating lightning strike and producing high voltage energy integrated with alarm and fault notification systems
• Introducing the Made-in-India Angular T5 batten by Korin Opto Electronics Llp that provides vertical lighting benefits, highly-energy saving and covers more than 75% area
• Architectural road & urban luminaries, designer poles and façade lighting landscape luminaries by JDIANM LIGHTING
• Lighting automation systems and smart street lighting services for smart cities, municipal & ULB projects by CITI Lights
• Decorex’s high-end, environment-friendly architectural indoor-outdoor lighting by Sri JSB lighting company
Live knowledge sessions and product demonstrations
Held alongside the physical exhibition, the virtual exhibition is set to feature live knowledge sessions on blue-light hazards from LEDs, benefits and importance of lighting controls in the lighting design process, as well as sessions on architectural lighting designers.
The remaining two-days of the exhibition will also host live product demonstrations from top brands like Citilight, Optiks Mehcatronics, Sri JSB Lighting and Tata Communications, which will also be broadcasted during the virtual exhibition. Similarly, the physical exhibition at Greater Noida will continue to host the industry in-person to witness live product demonstrations and engage in crucial face-to-face business networking.
LED Expo New Delhi is part of Messe Frankfurt’s Light + Building Technology fair portfolio headed by the biennial Light + Building event in Frankfurt, Germany. The next edition will be held from 13 – 18 March 2022.
Messe Frankfurt organises a number of trade fairs for the light and building technology sectors in Asia, Argentina, Russia and the UAE.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Group employs approximately 2,450 people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 29 subsidiaries around the world. The company generated annual sales of approximately €257 million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €736 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely-knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
LED Expo New Delhi - Messe Frankfurt